Please Sign Our Guest Book...

November 26, 2008

Isla Romantica: Islet Meets Dog

Okay, so we have arrived in Isla Romantica, what's a dog to do then?


It's a little hot outside and we arrived around 10 AM with the sun almost directly above us. After gathering myself and urging the hoomans to cool off in the water, we were gone.


Manang and I were getting ready to go explore the island. The small makeshift hut at the back is where we deposited our things. We only paid Php 100.00 ($2.00) for the entire day's use of this hut. Except for that, staying in the island was free!


Hurry, manang!
Last one to the water is a rotten egg!


I love playing fetch
I think that it is best played in water... woofy!!


man, am I good at it or what?


manang, here is my ball.
can we do it again?
(sorry, the sun is directly above us in this shot)


and again!


whew, I'm beat.
I'm retiring for the moment.
Don't think I'm done yet.
I'll be back for you Mr. Water, so don't you dare ebb.

manag R', I'm bored.
can we go back into the water again?

manang R', manang tin and Ms. Clavel brought me to the other part of the sea near another nearby island. I had lots of fun playing with the sea weeds.

What are you?

A star--fish, you say?

But why aren't you up in the sky where you belong?

Bonding with Manang R'
and stepping on her foot in the process
hurry up manang!
why are you so slow?
me and the girls just right after our visit to the nearby island
are we missing another 'girl' here?
bonding time with my sisters was fun, but I am a man's man
and I need male company (just so I won't go soft all over... BOL)

manong taught me how to snorkel, isn't that cool?

I am now officially known as Achilles the snorkeling dog.

Hwwatt?

I hear sounds of distress!!

Wait, you mortals, Super Achilles the Snorkeling Dog will save you!


Hold on tight, manong.

I'll get you to shore.


After bonding with all of my human companions, what else is left for me to do? Apparently, a group of rambunctious kids were eyeing me from the corner. At first, everyone in the water (except for my humans) would shriek in sheer terror as if I were about to remove their spleen. Finally convinced that no amount of reassurance from my humans would make them change their minds, I have decided to bridge the gap by giving each of them a big, fat, drooly salty kurukukoy kiss. Soon enough, everyone was my friend- Mission Accomplished. *insert smug look here*

Swimming with the heavily tanned visitors

My new friends


Do you think I am a gentleman for letting them lean on me like this?
The best part of the day was making a stranger open up
and trust you with their lives, even for a bit.
This kid said I was his new bestfriend...
It's almost 3:00 PM.
We've been here for almost 5 hours already.
The sun is no longer as hot.
I am totally beat.
Is it time for a last lap?


Give me a few sec, okay?

This will be done in no time.

That sealed the deal for all water dwellers.

Officially.

Please watch out for our last segment: Saying Goodbye. Also, we will be posting the videos in a separate post because it is just to heavy altogether. Hope you enjoyed our little trip.

11 comments:

The Animal Doctor said...

oh aki, im so touched reading your post. this could be the happiest day of your life! i wish all dogs could have this experience.

i love the way your ears stood as you run to shore. ( uhm,ehem, i noticed in the first photo that your "little aki" is showing. the vet once told me its a sign that the dog is happy and excited.)

i am so proud of the way you handled yourself with those kids. i know they can be so "kulit" ( pesky) but you tolerated them. you'll make it as professional therapy dog.

you know, you can sell this island with your presentation. but i doubt if you can make me swim lol!
the last pic was just hilarious. way to go aki!

love, Mommi Secretary

p.s i thought i'd see ms. p. claun in her yellow bikini. i guessed she was too afraid of the water right? moy is crying like a girl, telling me to bring him to the beach too.

Anonymous said...

Wow Labrador heaven! I hope you get to the beach a lot.

Bobby said...

I can not believe it could be so warm there and so cold here, you beaches look great, you are one lucky Lab

Mino said...

Aki,

I'm sure you had a great time there.. with the sea, with your parents, with the kids, catching ball, swimming and even snorkeling...

Wow!

Wags
Mino

Lacy said...

w00f's aki, wowzers, thats a pawsome place...bet u never wanted to leave there..

b safe,
~rocky~

Molly the Airedale said...

What an awesome adventure, Aki! It just keeps getting better and better!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Lorenza said...

Sure you know how to have fun!
Thanks for sharing all those pictures!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Raising Addie said...

WOW!

I feel like I was there right with you! Those kids looked like a lot of fun to play with!

I can't believe that anyone could think that you would hurt them. That's just crazy.

A sweet dog like you!

How many days did you sleep after that long day of playing?

Kisses
Addie

Thor and Jack said...

Aki and Poopie
I am so glad to read about your last adventure. You sure had a pawsome time at Isla Romantica. That place looks fantastic, with all those things to explore. You meet nice peoples too. You all look so happy! I love to know that you are having fun!
Beautiful pictures!

Love and licks
Thor

Cocoa the Beagle said...

Aki you pooped in the sea?!? Woah!!!! What a great trip you've had, especially making friends with those little tanned kids.

And And!! You are an official snorkeling dog!!! How cool is that?!! We love all your pics, especially that pic of you pooping in the sea, and that pic that shows your flying ears.. and that 1st pic where we think we spotted 'it' again. HOOHOOHOO!!

Wags,
Cocoa and Barley

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

What a fun filled day on the beach!
Happy Thanksgiving to my adorable friend.
I'm blessed to have friend like you and I'm so thankful for that.
Cheers!