Please Sign Our Guest Book...

April 24, 2009

Who's Stinky Now?


It is the peak of summer here in the Philippines and as you can just imagine, it’s boiling hot... too hot in fact, that I can practically cook eggs on the pavement.

On a normal occasion, the hoomans would give us a bath every Sunday. This of course, is a little too much for most puppies we know. But here in the Philippines, where the temperatures play at 30º Celsius degrees during summer, who can blame us if we ask for a little more water than usual?

The hoomans gave Poopie a bath last Sunday and as expected, she smelled fabulous.


The hoomans were supposed to give me a bath too but sadly, manang had to attend a baptismal ceremony early in the afternoon and had deferred my usual bath until next Sunday.

That’s all fine and dandy considering that I still have my trusty fur deodorizer. A few spritzes here and there and I’m all sweet smelling and fresh.


But while Poopie and I both smelled like freshly picked flowers, guess who raised the stink-o-meter ten notches higher?


Today marks the 3rd straight day that she did not take a full bath (manang: I did take a bath! I just didn’t wash my hair!)… pretty icky, I know… tsk tsk. And all for what, you say? For fashion (read: vanity), what else?!

The hooman had something called an ear reboned (manang: it’s hair rebond, Aki!) last Monday and as result, she had to let all the chemicals settle in for a few days. She was already supposed to wet her hair today but her obsessive compulsive nature kicked in so she decided it was too soon and extended her stinky lifestyle for one more day.

At the peak of this travesty, I would normally consider resettling myself somewhere far and out of reach, but since the hooman provides for my food, and frankly, Poopie and I do not have enough resources to afford a hotel room on our own, we resorted to less drastic measures.


In any case, I’m just glad our computers don’t have smell-o-vision.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poopie and I would like to ask for your prayers for manang. She will be going to the doctor for a check up tomorrow to have her intestines checked. She had always been having big problems erm… defecating… usually once in three days, and with very abnormal "results". It has come to the point where all forms of laxatives and fiber supplements are no longer effective. Please help us pray that her test results would turn out normal and that she will be back into our loving home immediately.

love,

Aki and Poopie

21 comments:

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Aki,
We came over to over our prayers and send your manang all the pswsitive vibes possible. We hope the check-up goes well **crosses paws**..
Our mom had her hair 'straightened' before too and she washed her hair the following day cos she couldn't stand the chemical smell!!

** Hugs to your Manang **

Rufus and Indie said...

So hot there! The bath is a good thing with all that heat!
Kisses from Rufus and Indie
P.S.:May I add your blog to my blogroll?

Indi e Vicky said...

Hi Aki and Poppie! We have just found your blog through Anita and we loved it! You guys seem to very busy: you have a bunch of adventures!

Hugs and kisses from Indi and Vicky*

Anonymous said...

It sounds like irritable bowel syndrome. Cute pic Aki.

Raising Addie said...

We are so sorry to hear about your manang. We will be praying for her for an easy solution to her health issue.

Keep us posted.

Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie, Lucie and Staci

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

My mom says she doesn't know how your manang did it...not washing her khoat after two days gets to her!

We'll khross our paws and think some good moving thoughts!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Cocoa the Beagle said...

Hey buddies!

We hope the checkup goes all well!! Our mum had constipation problems in the past too but now she keeps to a strict 25g - 35g fiber intake daily and LOTS of water. It works for her now.

We are sending positive vibes over to ya!!


Wags,
Cocoa and Barley

Anonymous said...

Hi Aki! I don't like it when my mom's hair smells stinky, either. We'll keep you in our thoughts that the tests come out okay and hopefully the solution is something simple.

Your pal,
Joey

aninhas said...

Hello, I loved your bloge, didnt now Your puppys yet, infortuly :)
Kiko love to make new friends, so he alrady sined your guest list :D

Hugs and kisses from kikos word
make us a visit, ok?
http://mundodokikoecompanhia.blogspot.com/

Joe Stains said...

We are definitely sending good intestine vibes for the doctor visit. Do you think she will wash her hair before she goes??

Lacy said...

w00f's wow it is hot there, it kinda hot here too now..me hopes ur manang will feel better soon..me still not thinks me wood want a bath..

b safe,
~rocky~

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You need to find a like and then you won't have to have those baths..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Molly the Airedale said...

We are crossing our paws and sending lots of positive vibs for manang!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Lorenza said...

Hi, Aki!
During our summers here we have 45°C!
Thas is why I love my baths!
I will have my paws crossed for her! I hope everything is going to be ok!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Honey the Great Dane said...

Aw...I'm sending lots of slobbers for your human - hope she gets good news from the doctor!

Hey, Aki, you know I usually get bathed every week too? And I don't even have the excuse of living in a hot place! But my humans like me clean and smelling nice, so they like to bathe me often...especially if I have just rolled in rabbit poo in the park! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Aki and Poopie!
I am keeping my paws crossed that everything goes well with your manang. Sending golden vibes to her.

Love,
Thor

Chow Chow said...

Oh, we hope your manang will be ok very soon!!

Raising Addie said...

Hello there!

Just checking to see how your Manang is doing. We hope everything is ok.


Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie, Lucie and Hailey

Astrid Keel said...

Just found your blog! It's hilarious! My momster was laughing so loud she woke me from my nap! Sorry to hear about your manang - hopefully her -um- digestive system will return to normal soon. Oh, and my grand-momster did some perming and it smelled like horrible rotten eggs - then the hoomans complain about my breath?! Crazy, I tell ya!

Dino and Family said...

Poopie is all fluffy and smelling great! And Manang's hair is look really shiny and straight! My mommy shares your Manang's pain and she has a few tips for her: drink lots of water and eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. The current fruit that works for her is guava! Oh and don't forget to exercise and don't sit too long or strain too much on the toilet bowl. Love, Dino

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Aki, you look so cute with your mask on but poor manang - hope she gets some good results from her tests.

Woos, the OP Pack