....from the Paws of Aki....
During the last two weeks Poopie and I received lots of cards from our friends. Apparently the mail man accumulates all cards heading for one direction and drops them off altogether at one go.
Allow me to thank the wonderful puppies who sent us christmas cards from all over the world. Indeed, the bonds of friendship makes the world a smaller place.
Maggie and Mitch
Why, you say? Because manang, manong and Poopie will be going to Bacolod tonight (or tomorrow AM) for a 2-week christmas vacation.
...from the paws of the Pooper Scooper...
Since manong Aki is still high from all the Christmas festivities, let me give you an account of this day's events.December 20, 2008
We woke up at around 7 AM this morning and arranged to bring manong Aki to his temporary daycare. We were both so happy at first since we didn’t have any idea where we were going. After several minutes, we found out that our destination was not the beach, but a quaint house with 5 lively mini dachshunds.
Kuya Emer’s relatives were kind enough to watch over manong Aki while we were away. Everyone in the Ilonggo House came to send him off- manang, manong, manang Tin, manang R’ and his favorite sister- me.
We sent him his bag of doggie meal, all his vitamins and food supplement, toys, a bag of treats, harness, his dog cage and a letter…
Thank you so much for this very big favor. Aki is really very special to us and he is a very good boy with certain needs.
To assist you in caring for him we have come up with a list of Things to Remember:
1. Aki eats 2x a day (morning and evening)- please feed him 2 cups per meal only.
2. He needs water from time to time. Please give him at least 1 bowl of water after meals (AM and PM)
3. He normally defecate (poo) before eating in the AM and PM. Please remember that he will not poo/pee inside his cage.
4. Please DO NOT FEED him the following:
x Grapes, apples or any fruit
x Anything with Chocolate
x Crustaceans i.e. crab, shrimp, etc.
x Alcoholic drinks, i.e. beer, wine, etc.
5. He is only allowed to eat HIS DOG FOOD/ TREATS, BEEF, CHICKEN (except chicken bones), PORK, BOILED EGGS, CHEESE and PLAIN BREAD
6. On Christmas, Please give him 1 can of Dog Food and another can on New Year’s Day.
7. Please keep him inside the cage on New Year’s Eve.
8. Please keep him away from fireworks, rat pee, rats, trash can as this may be or may contain poisonous components that may be harmful.
9. If possible, allow him to have exercise/ play at least 30 minutes in a day.
10. Please give him 1 tablet of PET TABS, 1 mL of COAT SHINE after dinner.
11. If you have any questions to ask please feel free to text me through 09********* or 09*********.
Again, thank you very very much for this big favor. We are eternally grateful for your kindness.
I said goodbye to manong Aki this AM. I told him to be a good boy and try not to cry too much. I know he will miss us, and I am not ashamed to admit that I miss him too. Of course, we will see each other next year. But still, it is Christmas and it will be ten days. Many thoughts keep swimming in my head.
"How is my manong Aki?"
"Is he missing me as much as I am missing him?"
Last night when manang came from the office, she hugged him and kissed him too many times that I lost count. Manong did too. And as they kissed and hugged him they said
If you ever miss us or feel lonely or scared, please remember that we are always thinking of you and that we love you. Reminisce the comfort of our hugs and our kisses since we cant give it to you everyday for the next 10 days. We hope that all these kisses and hugs would last by then.
I am a sap. I am a girlie-girl. Most of all, I am a sister who loves my manong Aki and misses him so much already.
Later, manang said they will give me a bath and we shall take a Pet Taxi towards Bacolod. Now, I don’t know how baths are related to anything but is it really necessary?
Whatever, manang. The only thing I’m looking forward to in this trip is seeing my brothers and sisters in Bacolod City.
Happy Holidays everyone!