Please Sign Our Guest Book...

October 29, 2008

Meeting Belo

Meeting Belo: An arranged marriage without my blessing
By The Pooper Scooper

If you remembered my manong Aki’s previous post on our Carbonara Day, we met a hooman named Ms. Giselle, who was actually very nice to me. She had then offered manang to have me sired by her Poodle, which the woof woman, refused profusely in a matter of milliseconds.

Last Sunday manang R’ received a call from Ms. Giselle, asking her if manang was around. Apparently, my husband-to-be, was having some skin problems after his short vacation to the countryside. She wanted manang to check him out. Now, manang is not a veterinarian but she knows a few things or two from constant conversation with my mommy secretary (of The Animal Doctor).

And so…

Hurry up with my bath manang… our guest will be here soon..



Woofs! Manang, someone is at the door!


Hello there? Have you come to visit me?


Our Guests: Ms. Giselle and Belo- the miniature poodle.



Belo reminds me so much of T-man. He was the first toy poodle that we personally met and we were awed by his extreme cuteness. His fur sort of matted though, but it was not normal matting. He had rashes all over and his skin was pink from irritation. He also had a few sores from constant scratching. Ms. Giselle had to wrap him with a shirt while making their way towards our house.

Manang thinks Belo might have eaten something that he shouldn’t have i.e. the infamous danggit (salty fish), crabs, shrimp, etc..

Manang was peering closely to assess the extent of the skin problem

Belo enjoying manong Aki's ball. See his reddish skin?


They kept insisting for me to play with him.. I said “NO WAY!”



I Just had my akai (akai means ‘red’ in Japanese) month and the hoomans are afraid I might end up a mommy at such an early age. Of course that will never happen because manong and manang had banned me from going out on dates without a chaperone. During my akai days, I was instructed to lie down to prevent any perpetrator from defiling my little Jack Russel/Shih-tzu body.

Poor Belo, I think his sore was really itchy. Manang took pity and gave Ms. Giselle a bottle of our extra cod liver oil. They also rummaged for some old x-ray films to use as a make-shift elizabethan collar while the vet was still closed (It was a Sunday) to prevent the rabid scratching.

This is what they came up with…

Voila! Elizabethan Belo.
What can I say, he loves sleeping.
Even with the crappy thing around his neck

Jack/Shih-tzu meets Toy Poodle


Manang R’ and me and Belo with Ms. Giselle


And what better way to cap the day...

Manong: Belo, that’s my leg!


11 comments:

Cocoa the Beagle said...

Yikes! Looks like Belo can't wait to.... hohoho! We hope his skin condition gets better soon!

Wags,
Cocoa and Barley

Raising Addie said...

Get better soon Belo!

I hate baths...
Kisses
Addie

Snowy and Crystal said...

aww Belo *wet licks*
we wish you get well vewy vewy soon

Maltese Paws

Snowy and Crystal said...

oh and Aki,

you sure can link us :)

Molly the Airedale said...

Belo looks sore! We hope his skin condition clears up soon!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Lorenza said...

I hope Belo gets better soon!
That last picture is very funny!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

LOL! Belo is such a cutie pie! And the last photo is just priceless! =P Get well soon, Belo!

Scottie

The Musketeers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Musketeers said...

Sissy is finally back ! We missed you , although its only for a short while (:

Loves & kisses ,
Three Musketeers

Thor and Jack said...

Hi friends!
I hope Belo gets better very soon!

Love and licks
Thor

T-man's mom said...

Hee hee, I remember when T-man used to act like that before he got "fixed". I hope Belo's skin gets better soon.

T-man's mom, CC-man and T-man Angel